Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Yahoo Go! - Yahoo Mail, Flickr and more on your Motorola Q













For those of you that have yahoo as the center of your internet universe, Yahoo Go is a very nice little mobile application.

The application offers all Yahoo brand services such as Mail, Flickr, Search, Maps, Weather and various news feeds. My main mailbox is yahoo mail so this was the reason I added this app as it offers the near full Yahoo mail experience with ability to get to all your mail folders and contacts. There is also a synching feature to synch your yahoo contacts to your phone contacts.

Outside of this, I am not much of a Flickr user (not requiring mobile access at least) but the interface is slick. Yahoo weather is about the only other feature I could see myself using but that is a "once in a blue moon" feature.

I get my news from elsewhere.

Nevertheless, If you are a Yahoo mail user, this is a superior mail interface for your yahoo account than the windows mobile standard one you get with the phone - so it is worth it for that.

Version 3.0 is just out so I will add a new review or update this one soon.
















0 comments: