Friday, January 11, 2008

How to Scan and Fax using your Motorola Q












I am not going to review this service as I did not seem to have the ability to do a good in focus photo from my phone. There is a service called scanR and it is a simple service that does not require any installation but they do supply and application for those of you that might use it more regularly.

The premise is that, using your phones camera, you can photograph a document or business card at high resolution (and in focus) and from your phone, email it to their service. The service will apply image processing to tidy up the image and can save the document in pdf format.

The service also provides a faxing service.

Sign up is easy in that you give an email address and a chosen site password and send your first document to doc@scanR.com and they will send you back a code. You enter that code and you are set. I like that, fast and easy.

The free scans last for 5 per month and $3 a month will get you unlimited scanning.

I had mixed results but I can put that down wholly to my ability to take an in-focus picture.

Send feedback if you try this and get workable results.
















0 comments: