Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Google Maps - Maps and Directions with GPS on your Motorola Q













This is one of the applications I use the most outside of my internet browser on my Q.

Google maps is, as you would expect, a mapping and directions application. It can be downloaded here.

It has the features of the main Google maps site, so if you are familiar with that you know what to expect.

One of the nice features of this application is the My Location feature. My Q has GPS but even if you don't, the application by use of triangulation, can get your location by pressing the "0" key.

This means that while you are driving to your designated location, you can see an updated view of where you are as you follow, or fail to follow as the case may be, the given directions.

This is an extremely useful and well built application and I cannot recommend it enough. It just works.
















0 comments: